One of the many things that you can do to give your house a different look texture is by installing stone sidings. However, deciding what type of stone should be used to do achieve a specific effect and transformation to your home should not be taken lightly. This means that you have to familiarize yourself with the different types of stone sidings that you can use to give your home a unique feel and look. With that in mind, here are the different types of stone sidings that you can choose from:
- Solid Stone Siding. This type of stone siding has been used for hundreds of years. The reason for this is because it offers great durability. It also offers a unique natural look for the house. It is for this reason that these types of stone siding are now commercially being produced. The only drawback of this stone is that it is on the heavier side. The amount of work needed to harvest them has inspired different stone siding innovations, which leads to manufactured stone sidings.
- Manufactured Stone Siding. Two of the required features of an alternative to the natural occurring stones are its durability and its looks. Does it look natural? Can it last for a very long time? The good news is, manufactured stone sidings have these features, and then some. One good reason why this type of stone is popular is the fact that it weighs less than its natural counterpart. It can be installed the same way as the solid stone siding, but it weighs less and it costs less.
- Polyurethane-based Foam Panel. This type of stone siding is also known as faux stone panel siding. This is made with polyurethane, which makes this type of siding very lightweight. Installation of this type of siding is pretty straightforward. It does not require to be installed stone-by-stone as it comes in a panel. In terms of appearance, a person will only know that the panel is not made of real stone when a person touches it. It still looks like a natural stone, only made lighter. And just like the other two materials, it is also made to last and withstand different weather conditions.
- Natural Stone Cladding. Natural stone cladding also offers a natural look for your homes. This type of stones is cut from a bigger stone slab. This is popularly made out of granite slabs. Granite slabs are naturally resistant to cracking, and it is for this reason that most of the natural stone cladding is made of granite. The surface of this stone material is seen as ragged and irregular, which is also seen in traditional masonry. However, the bottom side of this stone is smooth, which makes it easy to place against a flat surface. The installation of this stone siding is done in a staggered pattern, which can also be found in brick walls.
- Stone Veneer Panel Siding. This type of stone siding can be said to be the combination of all other types of stone sidings. This is made out of real stones, which are designed to seamlessly fit together like a puzzle piece. You will still get the benefits of having real stones in terms of durability and look. But, the installation is an easy process. Because they come in panels, you can install this material like the polyurethane foam panel – one big panel at a time. You get the ease of installation plus the natural effect of real stones in one.
Giving your home a unique look has never been this easy. From one solid stone cladding comes four other varieties of stone sidings. Thanks to innovation!